Monday, October 6, 2008

To Write Her Name in the Sand

I stumbled upon one of my new favorite blogs last week. It's called To Write Their Names in the Sand. A family lost their baby boy Christian way too soon, and to honor his memory they created the blog. Their mission is to receive the names of children who have gone on before us, write their names in the sand along the beautiful Australian beaches, and post them for friends and family to see. I emailed a request last week for Olivia's name to be written in the sand and when I checked their blog this evening my breath was taken away. The picture is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen and encaptures so much of who Olivia is to us. Please take the time to click here and visit the blog. I encourage you to take your time and look around. There are so many families who have lost their children too soon and they can all use our support and prayers.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

How beautiful!! I love it and I'm going to check out that blog right now! Thanks for stopping my blog as well...I love new faces and "meeting" new people

Knocked Up in Bama said...

That's so pretty!

Smith Family Adventures said...

That is so beautiful and touching.

Holly said...

That post brought tears to my eyes. I am truly blessed to have taken care of Olivia during her short time here on earth. Your strength through all this is truly a testament to our Lord.

AJ @ A Little Bit Nutty said...

That is amazing!
So BEAUTIFUL!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Ohhh that is just wonderfully precious. So touching. I had a 9 week preemie and it was so hard. I can't imagine what you've been through. You're an inspiration. Truly. Olivia will stay in my mind.

~melody~

Maternal Mirth said...

This was one of the most beautiful posts and a beautiful idea.

No words.

Just awesome.