Sunday, October 12, 2008

Not Me Monday



Yes, it's officially Sunday, but it's never too early for Not Me Monday! As you all probably know by now, this brutally honest post is inspired by MckMama's most fabulous blog. Please keep her, baby Stellan and the rest of her family in your prayers as she approaches Stellan's due date.

So here goes my brutally honest list of the week's happenings:

1. While having dinner with the Vanns, Sawyers and ALL of our little ones (3 babies and one 7-year-old) at a popular local restaurant I did not give crayons and color sheet to my 11-month-old son in hopes to keep him entertained so that we could pretend to be "grown ups" for a few minutes. I most certainly did not turn my head less than a minute later to find my child with blue crayon all over his mouth, teeth, tongue, etc. If I were to allow my child to eat crayons I would have at least taken a picture of the victimed crayon.



2. I did not skip Sunday School this morning, even though I REALLY wanted to go, just because Jeffrey decided to sleep until 9 a.m. I don't remember the last time I got that much sleep!

3. I did not turn into my mother today and cook our vegetable soup in advance before going to a birthday party. I did not smell the aroma of said soup and get teary-eyed by the memories of my childhood that came flooding back. I did not continuously brag to Ben about how proud I was of myself for not only making homemade soup, but for also making it in advance.

4. I did not make a homemade birthday card for my secrets pal's gift this morning because I had zero stationary in my house. If I had made a homemade card it definitely wouldn't like a 1st grader made it.

5. I did not walk into my bedroom Wednesday morning to find my two boys sleeping soundly in our bed. I definitely did not begin to cry at the beauty of the moment or over how much Jeffrey looks like his Daddy. I surely didn't run into the living room, grab the camera and risk waking them up with a flash, not once, but twice. Nope not me!


So that's it for this week's Not Me's. If you're not already participating, I highly encourage you to post your own confessions. It can be quite refreshing.

Oh, and one more thing, I have a prayer request to send out. I was informed today of a mother of two girls who's 31 weeks pregnant with her first boy. They just informed family and friends that the baby has been diagnosed with hydrocephalus (sp?) and a blockage between the kidneys and bladder. I don't know this family's name, but their story is weighing heavy on my heart this evening. If you would, please say a prayer for this family as they struggle through this difficult time.

20 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'll definetly be checking back for those pictures!! And will do on the prayer request!

Kameron said...

I am a picture fiend too and sometimes it comes at the expense of the photee (I'm quite sure I just made that up, but oh well)! I liked your Not mes and I love your blog header. Did you do it yourself? Oh and I was not secretly so happy to get a comment from Mck Mama on my post!!!

Mike and Katie said...

Great list.

Wonderful picture of olivia's hands. So bitter sweet.

Anonymous said...

I know you must miss your mom very much but isn't it great that just a smell can bring back memories of her instantly..

I will say a little prayer for your request..

Shanan Strange said...

You've got the best Not Me's. I loved the crayon one. Have a great week.

Just Call Me Sleep Deprived said...

Great post I am constantly finding fun things in my daughter's mouth, she hasn't gotten hold of a crayon yet but I'm sure that day will come! I also have risked waking my daughter for a good photo op on MANY occasions!

melissa said...

I love the post! I skipped myu Friday confessions...so maybe I should do this one!!

I am so happy that you love your candles! Thank you so much for telling your friends and family about my store! Word of mouth is the best way to aquire new wonderful loyal customers! You are such a sweetheart!! Have a brilliant Monday!

~Melissa

jennykate77 said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your Not Me's! They're great! Hope you have a great Monday!

I'll be back for more reading :)

4under3 said...

Funny!! I love your Not Me's!!

First, I'll keep that pregnant mama in my prayers.

And, I'd love a homemade b'day card anyday!!! Good for you!!!

Your family is precious. And if you get a free mama moment, stop on over. Today would be a good day to do it.

Tiff

Jo-Jo said...

I would not be proud of making homemade soup and doing it in advance either! Ha! Dropped by via Mckmamma's blog! I am glad I did! I will definitely be praying for that family!

Margie said...

Hey Lu! Great Not Me's. I am going to attempt to add that to my blog too, but I am not that computer savy. I read the instructions, but do not fully understand. Anyways, proud of you for making soup in advance. That saves so much time. Love the pic of Ben and Jeffrey. You can never take too many pics of your sweet family. Miss you!!!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

love your not me's...i gave ella a crayon the other day for the first time and it went straight into her mouth!

i will keep your friend in my prayers!

thanks for stopping by :)

Michelle said...

That picture of your two guys is absolutely precious.
The picture of your daughters name in the sand gave me the chills. Such a lovely tribute.

Beth E. said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I have enjoyed reading your "Not Me" posting...what a hoot!

I can definitely relate to the homemade soup and the memories brought to mind by the aroma of home cooking. That was very sweet. :o)

I will be praying for the woman/family that you mentioned in your posting.

Please feel free to stop by and visit me again, anytime!

Amie said...

i do NOT think that is the sweetest pic!!
I will pray for your friends!

:)
AMie
www.heart-smiles.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

I have NEVER given my too young for crayons kids such items to keep the occupied!!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Great post, I can relate. I'll be praying..

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

I love the picture of your two men sleeping together - what a wonderful sweet picture!!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Ohhh will definitely keep your friend and her baby in my prayers!!!

That photo of the baby and daddy is just beyond precious...the kind of precious that brings a tear to your eye!

Thanks for stopping by my blog on Friday when it was featured on SITS! I just got in town and visiting everyone now. Love your blog!

~melody~

Meaghan said...

Not sure if you are doing the blogathon but I listed you. Just wanted to let you know I think of you and your family often (even though I don't personally "know" you) What you have been through is not an easy journey yet you keep your head high and keep on loving when I am sure it hurts daily.

Keep up the good work!

-Meaghan