
I was reading He & Me Plus Three earlier and found myself intrigued by the Thankful Thursday posting that she participates in each week. This neat little idea was originated by Grace Alone and thought I'd play along today.
The theme for this week's Thankful Thursday is our 5 senses.
Sight - I'm thankful that I can see with my contacts because without them I'm blind. I'm thankful that I can see the leaves slowly changing to beautiful shades of orange, yellow and red. I love seeing the smile on Jeffrey's face when I walk into his nursery in the morning. I love seeing all of God's amazing creations.
Hearing - I'm thankful that I can hear my husband tell me how much he loves me everyday. I'm thankful that I can hear Jeffrey's cries and laughs. Even though they drive me crazy some days, I'm thankful that I can hear Sadie and Lilly barking at a squirrel in a tree.
Touch - I'm thankful that I can touch Jeffrey's baby soft skin. I love the feeling of Ben's arms wrapped around me. I love to feel Sadie curled up next to me on a cold fall morning.
Smell - I love the smell of chili, pot roast or anything fallish cooking on a cool afternoon. I'm thankful for the smell of my candles in the morning. I love what I call the "first time heater smell." I know that sounds weird, but you know the smell of the heater when you turn it on for the first time? For some reason I love it!
Taste - Yumm..taste! I'm thankful that I can taste my favorite foods, coffee and wine. I especially appreciate that great glass of chianti that I had with dinner at my parent's house last night.
So that's it for my Thankful Thursday. It's nice to think about the small things in life that make us smile. It does make the day a bit brighter.
8 comments:
Welcome to thankful thursday, so glad you joined us. Your thankful list was really nice, bless you.
Great List! So glad you joined in. Being Thankful is very theraputic! Makes you really stop and think about how many things in life we have to be Thankful for. God is so good!
Hi! Came to your page from The Crazy Daisy :) I so enjoyed reading your Thankful Thursday post!
Great blog!
Glad to met you. This is my 2nd week.
Thank you so much for the prayers! It really means so much to know that people are praying for me and Ben! I am thankful there are people like you in the world.
U got a bunch of xtra entries ;) Fingers crossed. We are going to do the giveaway every Friday so definitely come back and enter as much as you can!
We are going to do a big surprise giveaway in NOvember too...And we are doing the DEC 2 SITS Christmas (SITSMAS)
xoxo
Meaghan
I'm stopping by from SITS. What a lovely post, such a nice reminder of the simple things that make life so sweet. :)
I like Thankful Thursday. I think that's a wonderful idea.
I am blind without my contacts as well...and I hate wearing glasses.
Post a Comment