Friday, October 10, 2008

And He's Off..

Look out world, Jeffrey is walking! Yes our little man can wabble across a room fairly well these days. He still has a few falls along the way to his short destinations, but in my book he's officialy walking. I would love to say that I'm thrilled regarding this monumental milestone, but I'd be lying. Yes, I'm very happy that my child is developing properly and we are blessed that he's doing as well as he is. However, I was perfectly happy with him crawling for just a bit longer. I just cannot believe that this once tiny, helpless baby can walk. It's the first "step" toward him being an indepent little person. Okay, so maybe I'm going a bit overboard, but I still can't believe how fast the time has gone by.

I may not be ecstatic about Jeffrey's new-learned skill, but at least I won't have to carry him as much. My arms could use the break. I think I'm developing tennis elbow and I've never played one game of tennis!

Oh or maybe I can by one of those kid leashes!! Just kidding..I'm not going to leash my kid, not for now anyway!





-----------------------------------------------------------------

So it's after 9 p.m. and I'm elated at the thought that I don't have to be at work tomorrow. What makes me even happier is the fact that it's my night to SLEEP!! Jeffrey has had a cold over the last few days and has decided that sleeping is low on the list of priorities. Since Ben has to be at work at the crack of dawn, it's been my responsibility to make sure the little booger is okay at all hours of the night. However, tonight it's Daddy's turn!! Woohooo....Yes, I am doing a happy dance! So good night all! Have a fabulous weekend.

I almost forgot, I'll make sure to get a video of the little man toddling around the house and post it over the weekend.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hey I was going to leave a comment the other night but I had a 20 pounder who likes to bang on the keyboard in my lap. He's eyeing th laptop now so I have to type fast! That's great about Jeffrey walking! He's not even a year! Doesn't that make him a child genius??? :)
Megan

He & Me + 3 said...

So funny, but back in the day...my mother kept my brother on a leash at the mall. He would always run and hide in the clothes racks. Boys are so different. Having 2 girls first and then the boy..wow huge difference.