Friday, May 28, 2010

What a Week!

What a week this has been! It all started with the cavity scare, which turned out to be nothing. I started battling sinus problems over the weekend. I went to bed Tuesday night with slight pain in my right ear, but I woke up at 11 in excrutiating pain! I was close to tears. Of course my doctor wouldn't call anything in since I'm pregnant. So long story short I ended up in the ER at 1 a.m. for an ear ache. I felt ridiculous, but there was no way that I could wait for the doctor's office to open. They were able to give me a pain killer, antibiotic and decongestant, and it's working SLOWLY, but surely (the ear is still stopped up).

So that was early Wednesday morning, I was back at the hospital on Wednesday at lunchtime for my cerclage removal. Yes, this means that I got two of those cute little bracelets in less than 12 hours! The great news is that the cerclage removal was remarkably easy! She was finished in less than a minute! I was shocked, especially considering how horrid the whole process was last time. We hung out there for an hour and were later sent home.

Then there was last night, around 5 p.m. I began having contractions very regularly. I was told to go to L & D and by the time I arrived they were every 3 minutes. We were certain Chelsea was ready to make her debut..or not. It turned out I was slightly dehydrated. After a bag of IV fluids everything stopped and we were sent home by 10 p.m.

So needless to say, I have been exhausted today! I pretty much spent the day in bed doing nothing. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and will finally have a true full-term baby!

Tomorrow is also Olivia's 4th birthday. I can't believe that it's been 4 years since we had our baby girl here with us. We'll be celebrating her birthday in our own special way tomorrow, but I'll mainly just be thanking God for the lives that she's touched and continues to touch. I'll thank Him for a healthy J.K. and for getting me to the end of this pregnancy. We have come full circle.

6 comments:

Becca said...

WOW! Sounds like you have had yourself a time this week! I am glad the removal was easy! Congrats on reaching 37 weeks!!! I hope that tomorrow is a beautiful day for y'all. Happy birthday sweet Olivia!

Cheeseboy said...

Wow - you have been to the doctor's and dentist's office more this past week than I have in 10 years.

Kate said...

Love you guys!

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow you have had a week. Praying you get rest and that you have a blessed weekend.

The Solomons said...

Bless your heart! Hanging in there. Ya'll are in our prayers.

Holly said...

I can't believe it's been 4 years. Love you guys. Can't wait to meet sweet Chelsea.