Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Cavity? Really?

Yes, I know, two posts in one day, shocker! But I need to vent for a sec. I'm pretty sure J.K. has a cavity!! He's only 2! How does this happen? We brush twice a day (most of the time) and try to avoid too many sweets. No, we're not perfect, but we do our best. Unfortunately I'm afraid he's gotten it honestly as I have no idea how many fillings I have. Aside from the frustration of a possible cavity I'm ticked because I don't have time for this! I'm certain that we'll figure it all out and hopefully J won't hate the dentist once it's all said and done.

There, I feel better. Thanks for listening. If any of you have been down this road please feel free to share any words of wisdom.

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh no. Hopefully, if it is small enough and you use toothpaste with fluoride in it it will heal itself back up. One of my kids had a super small one and we just brushed it better and with fluoride toothpaste and it went away.

SouthernDogwoods said...

Oh goodness, hang in there.
The girls are getting to love the dentist the more and more they go. Hope all goes well! Yay for reaching 36 weeks!

Shelby's Mom said...

I think some children are more prone to cavities than others. My son who is 19 has never had a cavity, but Abbey who is 12 has had about 8. I was very confused because I am obsessive about oral hygiene. I am anxiously waiting to see how strong Shelby's teeth are.
Maybe your baby's is SMALL!

Becca said...

I hope it's not a cavity!!! Poor guy!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Asher had one on his first dentist appointment as well. The dentist said it is very normal because of all the crevices in their teeth- I know because i felt TERRIBLE, like i was a horrid parent!