Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mr. Mom is Amazing!

Every day this week has felt like Groundhog Day. I guess I should get used to it. I wake up, shower, get breakfast and fill up my gigantic water jug, head to the couch, hang out there and work for a few hours, eat lunch, back to the couch, you get the picture. Life is pretty mundane, but I know I'm doing all that I can to take care of this sweet baby girl.

The great thing is that J.K. has been a very well-behaved toddler as of late. It's as though he understands that Mommy really needs him to follow the rules. Mr. Mom (aka: hubby) has been AMAZING!! The man is doing everything, from cleaning the house to bathing J.K. and getting him ready for bed and all of the stuff in between. I have no right to ever complain about my wonderful husband, if I do somebody hit me! I really don't deserve to have a man like him. I'm constantly apologizing for not being able to help and he just tells me that I'm doing everything he can't do. I LOVE that man! As I type he's cooking spaghetti w/Italian sausage and straightenig the house at the same time. Did I mention I LOVE him?

10 comments:

Lianne said...

Good job with the resting! Is your Mr. Mom for hire? I sure could use the help--and some spaghetti!

He & Me + 3 said...

God has truly blessed you. What a sweet hubby.

Meredith, mom of 2 under 2 said...

Go Ben! Mr. Mom of the Year! Thanks for this post, Lurenda. It reminded me to thank my Mr. Mom for everything that he does.

Hang in there...soduku and thrash mags on the way!

hello gorgeous said...

Good job Mr. Mom! I love it when they do that! I was ill over the last few years and my hubby behaved in the same way! No complaints either.... :o)

hugs

hello gorgeous xx

SouthernDogwoods said...

So glad to hear things are going well! I have been thinking about you lately and how you are holding up. So glad Mr. Mom is being so wonderful and helpful. I love how you compared it to Groundhog Day ; )

Anna the GSD said...

Mom said: Not bad for the infamous goldfish killer!!

Mom also said, she is chill thank you and I won't need therapy! And the wine does help. :)

angie said...

I was only on bedrest for one month, so I really admire your patience. I know you would do anything to take care of that sweet girl growing inside you. I'm so glad you're getting the help you need.

Margie said...

You do have the best husband ever! Ben is a good man. You are both VERY lucky to have each other!
Rest up Momma!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

ahh..we luck out sometimes, don't we? with men, i mean!

Becca said...

That is so great he is stepping up and filling your shoes for a while! I am sure that bed rest must be very difficult but it must be nice to see all the work getting done by him! What a sweet husband! I am glad that JK is behaving well for you too. I am glad that you and that precious little girl are doing well too!