Friday, January 15, 2010
I pray..
As I lie on my couch in the comfort of my home, enjoying my fresh water, heat and electricity, I think of how blessed I am. I watch on tv the horror that is occuring in the country of Haiti and want so badly to do something. So I donate and pray because that's all I can do. I pray for those Mothers and Fathers who have lost their children or can't find their children. I pray that God will give them peace despite the hopelessness they feel. I pray for those children who are now orphaned and just want their Mommy or Daddy. I pray for all of those sleeping on the streets wondering when they'll find their next drink of water or meal. I pray for those amazing men and women who are there on the ground responding to this disaster. I pray that we continue to act. I pray that we don't forget the people of Haiti after the story is "old news". I pray for Haiti and know that our God is gracious and good even when our lives are in chaos. I pray for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen.
Post a Comment