Today has been a fantastic day, but it didn't start that way. I was an emotional wreck this morning. My appointment with the perinatologist (high risk OB) was at 10 a.m. I was terrified. I tried praying, I tried listening. It ended in me as a sobbing mess on the bathroom floor. The last time I felt that helpless was 3 1/2 years ago when Olivia was in the hospital. The fear was too much and the waiting had taken it's toll. My hubby immediately calmed my fears, pulled me off the bathroom floor and we made our way to the doctor's office.
I always stress and worry for nothing, but don't we all. My appointment went very well. The placental bleed, or subchorionic hematoma, has gotten smaller. Last Wednesday it measured 6 cm. and today it was 5.4. A great sign that bed rest is working. The baby is growing at an above-average rate, 63rd percentile to be exact! The peri explained that they measure the liver to ensure that baby is receiving the proper amount of blood and nutrients. Our baby's liver measured in the 83rd percentile. I never knew I could be so happy about a healthy liver! According to everything that the doctor saw today she said that I'm at a low risk for preterm labor and placental abrution. She believes that the bleed will continue to diminish in size and that our baby will continue to grow at a healthy rate. So like I said, all that worry and stress for NOTHING! Oh me of little faith!
So, now for the really fun news! We were finally able to find out what we're having and it looks like J.K. is going to have a baby.....SISTER!!! We are so happy and relieved to know that she's healthy!
14 comments:
Yay! Nothing is impossible with God! I am so proud of you for taking care of yourself and your baby girl. I will continue to pray that you will keep on getting great news. May God's blessings fall on your family like rain! Congrats on the sweet girl!
Woot. Woot. Easier to comment here than on FB. I am so happy to hear SHE is healthy and you are healthy.
That is so awesome I am so glad that resting is helping everything. So glad to hear that you are well & so is the baby girl. Woo hoo! AWesome!
Hey gorgeous, that's GREAT news. It is stressful and such a relief when appointments are very positive!
Keep on resting and taking the time to look after yourself. ;o)
hugs
hello gorgeous xxx
Lurenda, that is wonderful news. Nothing compares to a mother's love for her children. I would have been on the bathroom floor, too. I'm so happy you continue to get affirmations that your little GIRL is healthy.
Hang in there Lurenda! I am so glad you got great news yesterday! And a girl- Oh So Much Fun!
Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!
AGH!!! I am SOOOOO excited for you and your family! That is such good news and news that you definitely deserve at that! I am so happy to hear that SHE is doing so well and that things are looking great!
When you get a chance, come on over to my blog and enter to win a bow of your choice for that precious little girl!
How exciting...Girls are so wonderful (not that I know any different) So glad about the diminishing bleed.
That is wonderful to hear the good news of a healthy baby girl. Just wonderful. take care. Eat well. And watch lots of good movies!
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!! So thrilled for you...God is so faithful!!
That's awesome!! Congratulations about a little girl - how exciting! I'm glad that everything is looking so good!
Congratulations! So glad to you got good news!
Keep resting, Couch Potato! You are doing an incredible job cooking that baby girl!
I am BEYOND thrilled to hear you are having a little girl- you will love her and love the entire experience of raising a little girl. Take care of you- ya'll are in our prayers as always. Love, Allison
Post a Comment