Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010: A farm visit, exploring and spelunking

Happy New Year! I don't know how many times I've said, "I can't believe it's 2010!" It seems like it was just yesterday when we were all waiting for computers to crash and the world to stop spinning as Y2K approached. Here we are, 10 years later, computers are still going and the world's still spinning. I'm hoping to have some quiet time in the next day or so to write a post about how much our life has changed over the past decade, but that wouldn't be possible right now. I currently have a 2-year-old trying to take over the keyboard. So for now, we'll just take a look back at our week of vacation. The hubby and I have had a blast spoiling J.K. all week. We've visited the Avery farm, played at the McWane Center, quietly rang in the new year and we'll be heading to iJump for some bouncy fun later this morning.

Photobucket
This is one of my favorite new pictures of J.K. with his Daddy and Uncle George walking out to check on the cows.

Photobucket
This jersey bull (I think that's right George) was extremely gentle with J.K. He was the only one that would let the crazy toddler get anywhere near him. I don't know who was braver, the bull or J.K.!

Photobucket
Another shot with the hubby, J.K. and the bull.

Photobucket
The classic petting the horsey picture.

Photobucket
We spent a few hours at the McWane Center, a science and discovery children's museum here in Birmingham. J.K. loved the water table.

Photobucket
Finally, last night I made a "cave" for J.K. to crawl through out of couch cushions. I thought he needed a head lamp to be a true spelunker!

2 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What a fun family time. Those pictures were so cute. Love them all. JK is so cute.

Meredith, mom of 2 under 2 said...

so adorable. And with that new haircut he looks like a little man!!!