Thursday, June 10, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

After six days in the hospital we are finally home as a family of four! Chelsea was admitted for fast breathing problems, which resolved fairly quickly. However, she became a bit jaundice and our stay was extended by another day. In reality Chelsea's issues were so very minor, but a stay in the NICU is never where a new mom wants to spend her first few days with her baby.

Chelsea was discharged yesterday with a bili bed to help with the jaundice. We can only hold her when it's time for her feedings, which isn't as bad as it sounds. The great part about it is that she's not getting accustomed to being held all of the time. She's sleeping really well so far and we're having to wake her for feedings, but I'm not getting too excited because I'm sure that can change any day.

J.K. finally got to meet his baby sister for the first time last night and I don't know that I've ever seen him so happy. If it were up to him he would hold and feed her 24/7. I'm really amazed at how well he's dealing with her. I'm sure we'll have a few bumps along the way once the newness wears off, but I'm taking what we can get for now.

Thank you for all of your sweet comments and prayers. Your prayers were felt and your encouragement brought a smile to our faces during those few days in the NICU.

Here are a few pictures from the last couple of days.

Photobucket
Getting ready to hit the road in her going home gown.

Photobucket
Heading home!

Photobucket
He's such a proud big brother.

Photobucket
He's such a great helper!

5 comments:

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Awww...what a cutie!!

danapate said...

I rejoice with you in this special time of your life. I am so thrilled for yall. I don't ever post comments, but I keep up with you and read your updates. I have prayed for you. I have prayed for the beautiful life you delivered 6 days ago. She is so gorgeous. I know you are so busy right now, but do me a favor, ignore the dishes and laundry and JUNK that will always be there to go back to, and spend your time holding and loving on that sweet baby girl cause she will grow up so fast and the days will be gone. Oh what I would give to go back to the baby days of ANY of my munchkins. ENJOY this season of life you are in. I am so happy and proud for yall.

SouthernDogwoods said...

What a wonderful big brother J.K. is! Chelsea is beautiful - just like her mommy! I am so glad you all are home and Chelsea is doing great!

Rachel said...

Those pictures are great!!! J.K. certainly DOES look excited!!! Congrats on being home!

Meredith, mom of 2 under 2 said...

JK could not POSSIBLY grin any bigger!