Sunday, June 6, 2010

She's Here!

Chelsea Hope has arrived! She was born on Saturday, June 5th at 7:48 a.m. She weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz. and was 20 1/4 inches long. We are so happy to have her here and love her more than we imagined possible. Unfortunately we're dealing with some minor problems right now. She is in the NICU to be treated for fast breathing and grunting, which basically means her lungs aren't quite dry enough and she's having a difficult time transitioning from life in utero to life here in the real world. We pray that this will be a short stay and she'll be able to go home very soon.

Yesterday morning was one that I'm still trying to grasp and understand. You see, June 5th was already a special day for our family. This was the day that Olivia went to Heaven. This wasn't planned, at least not by us. I KNOW that God and our sweet angel had a hand in all of this. Four years ago we experienced the greatest loss imaginable and here we are today celebrating life on that same day. There are no words. I'm in awe by His AMAZING grace.

However, I will say that hearing we were going back to the NICU on June 5th wasn't an easy pill to swallow. I've cried. I've asked why is this happening to us. I've been scared to death again. But when we saw Chelsea hooked up to one little IV and nothing else, it really put the situation into perspective. This is a totally different experience. She's in intermediate care and her needs are minimal. Most of the doctors and nurses know our story and have been extremely compassionate and reassuring of our current situation.

So yesterday was a day of great joy and some sadness. Today is a new day and we're at peace. I'm ready to visit our girl and hope to hear that she had a good night. I'll update as often as I can, but bare with me as life is a bit hectic right now.

Thank you so much for your wonderful support throughout my entire pregnancy. You guys have been amazing.

Photobucket
First picture with Mommy and Daddy. Unfortunately, J.K. hasn't met Chelsea yet and probably won't until we bring her home.

Photobucket
Proud Daddy.

Photobucket
My first time to cuddle with my new girl.

Photobucket
Cici and Pawpaw with their 5th grandbaby.

Photobucket
Our first visit in the NICU.

14 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

Congratulations Lurenda! Chelsea is beautiful just like her Mommy. I know she will be back in your arms again. Wishing her only a short visit to NICU and hoping you all can come home together soon.

Multiple Vann Pile Up said...

I love all the pics! She's beautiful! And once again, your journey shows me that God always has a plan.

We love you guys!

hello gorgeous said...

O.M.G.!!!!!! she's here, yaaaaay!

Congratulations to the three of you, there's SO much fun to be had from this day on! :o)

Olivia definitely had a hand in this, think she's reassuring you that's everything's gonna be just peachy.....all things have a time and place sweetpea!

LOVE the pics, you can just "feel" the pride bouncing off everyone, she's such a cutie. I'm sure J.K. will be smitten immediately {and no doubt VERY protective of her!}

Can't wait for little glimpses of the adventure that's about to begin for the three of you :o)

Take care gorgeous and HUGE hugs to hubby and J.K.!

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

TLC Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TLC Mom said...

I am just in awe... God is sooooo good! As always, thanks for sharing your story, have fun lovin' on that sweet baby girl :)

Anonymous said...

That gave me the chills reading this! Olivia was definitely there with her little sister yesterday! Praying for a short NICU stay and for y'all to get home soon and be a happy family of 4! Congratulations, again....Chelsea is beautiful!

Becca said...

OH my gracious! She is so beautiful. I read this post on our way to church this morning and just teared up to how good God is. I am so happy for you guys! I will be praying for her! I hope she is home meeting JK soon!

Becca said...

PS... I'm sure Olivia is smiling down at her little sister!

Andrew and Lauren Hess said...

Oh, Lurenda! I have tears. I totally believe baby Chelsea came on June 5th as a sign from your little angel! How amazing! Thinking and praying for all of you!

Lianne said...

What an indescribable gift! She is absolutely lovely! My prayers are with your family as you begin this new special chapter in your lives.

Rachel said...

Congratulations!!! I will be praying that she gets out of NICU as soon as possible!!! She's beautiful!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Congratulations. I am so happy for you. I can imagine the range of emotions you feel is incredible right now. I am happy for you and praying for your strength as well.

Abby said...

What a blessing that Chelsea can share such a special birthdate with her sister (Olivia). God had his arms around you all on June 5th

I'll continue praying for Chelsea's healing and you get some needed rest in the meantime!

She is precious!

He & Me + 3 said...

congratulations Lurenda and family! How exciting. I am so sorry I missed all of this. Glad everyone is doing well. She is beautiful.