Saturday, June 26, 2010

Catching Up & Newborn Pics

I know that I've been a complete stranger lately. This little Diva of mine can be quite demanding. I rarely have time to look at my computer, much less blog! So to catch up a bit, Chelsea is three weeks old today. The time has flown by! She's still a pretty good sleeper, only waking every four hours at night. J.K. is a fantastic little helper and is so proud of his baby sister. The only issues he's had is that he's been telling us that he's sick a lot lately. He's constantly telling us that his tummy hurts, his arms/legs hurt, his throat hurts..it's all a ploy for more attention. However, I'm afraid he'll really be sick one day and I won't believe him.

I'm trying my best to balance my time between the two of them. It can be challenging, but I'm trying not to beat myself up too much. The hardest part is avoiding the self-induced guitl trip for taking him to daycare four days a week. I want him to stay on his schedule while I'm on maternity leave, but at the same time I feel like he should be at home with me while I'm here. It's a vicious cycle.

I promised to share the pictures from our newborn/family photoshoot. Can I just mention how much I LOVE Karie Mitchell? She's a fabulous and very affordable photographer. Check her site out at www.kariemitchell.com.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This precious dress was given to Chelsea by her "Cookie" (aka: my sister Nichole). We used it as her door hanger at the hospital.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Chelsea holding her big sister's teddy bear.

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Beautiful pictures. Amazing. You have a precious family. Having two is much different than one but you will get into a grove and it will be perfect. Finding that balance at first can be hard.

SouthernDogwoods said...

Beautiful pictures! You have a beautiful family!!!!
I know you are loving every minute!

Becca said...

Gorgeous pictures of your precious family. That one of JK and Chelsea is just priceless. I love that last one of her too, so sweet!!

I hope everything is going well with you!!