Friday, February 5, 2010

Thankful

Baby girl and I are still doing well. We had another visit to the OB yesterday and received another fantastic report. The placental bleed is 2 cm smaller from three weeks ago, which means it seems to be healing and our baby girl looked great. She was even sucking her thumb. The doctor is so pleased with our progress and we are thrilled. It's obvious that bed rest is working, so I'll just keep hanging out on my couch until baby girl decides to grace us with her presence. For those who are keeping up we are officially half-way there. I'll be 21 weeks tomorrow!

I know that every pregnancy is different, but the difference between this one and my 9 months with J.K. are like night and day. While I have had my moments of fear and anxiety I've been at peace for the majority of this one. I know that this peace comes from Him, but I also know that I need to be thanking Him more than I have been. It's so easy to pray for healing, peace and strength when we're unsure of what may happen next and sadly it's just as easy to forget to say thank you when things are going well. I thank God for each new day, but I'm not as focused on my faith as I would like to be. Why is that we are so desperate for His guidance when we think we need it most and are so certain that we can handle things when life is easy? I guess it's because we're human.

When I was pregnant with J.K. I kept a prayer journal asking for strength and thanking God for each new day. I need to get back into my routine of journaling and thanking Him for the peace and strength my experience has given me. I know I can do this, but I know I can't do it without Him.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Yay for good reports!! We will keep praying for you!

He & Me + 3 said...

I am so glad you got good reports and that baby girl is progressing great. Take care of you & her:)

hello gorgeous said...

Hey gorgeous, that's fabulous news! Bed rest might be that ideal moment to get back into journalling? ;o)

Thanks for the message on my blog candy...keeping my fingers crossed! x

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

Lianne said...

Glad to hear everything is going well! God is so good! Keep on keeping on! :)