Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's That Time Again

I believe most of you that read our blog know our story and that it only makes sense for us to do all we can to support the charity nearest to our hearts, the March of Dimes. For the third year in a row our families and friends will walk in Olivia's memory with our team Olivia's Butterflies in the March for Babies on April 24th. Now it's pretty obvious that I won't be walking the 4 miles since I'm on bed rest, but that won't stop me from doing all that I can to raise awareness and funds for the organization.

Prematurity or birth defects aren't really things one thinks about until it happens to them or someone they love. I had no clue about the reality of preterm birth until it happened to me. Our story isn't an easy one to read. It isn't an easy one to talk about, but it MUST be shared in order to save lives. Please click here if you don't know the story of our precious Olivia.

So once again, I'm asking for your support if you can offer it. If you live in the Birmingham area it would mean so much to us if you were able to join our friends and family this year to walk with our team in April. It is bitter sweet knowing that I won't be there, bitter because I want to be there and sweet because I know I'm doing everything in my power to ensure this baby girl gets a full 9 months. To learn more about the walk, donate or join the team you can click here or click that cute little button in the right-hand corner of the page.

Thank you for supporting us through our journey,
Lurenda

No comments: