Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Poo Incident

Hi there...remember me? Yeah, I know it's been forever, but we'll just move on as if it's only been a few days since my last blog post.

So anyway, I have one of those glorious Mommy moments to share. One day last week I woke up at 6 a.m. as I usually do and began my day by rolling out of bed and walking to the kitchen to start the coffee, only before I made it to the kitchen I found that our finicky French Bulldog, Lily, decided to leave me a lovely surprise of poop on my living room floor. Oh, what a lovely way to start the day. So I proceed to clean up her nasty mess and of course, I used entirely too much toilet paper and plugged the toilet. Fabulous! Time to bring out the plunger and put my plumber's daughter skills to work. I unstop the toilet, yay me!

Finally, it's time to start the coffee and jump in the shower before the kids wake up. I get out of the shower and hear Chelsea chatting up-a-storm in her room. I go into check on her and notice that she's soaked from head to toe. I knew better than to let her sleep in a LUVS diaper. Time to put the brakes on getting ready and give Chel a quick bath. I bathe her and then let her play in the tub while I get ready in the bathroom with her. Now, from where I'm standing I can see her every little move in the mirror. Then I see it...the face...you know what I'm talking about, the squished eyes, wrinkled nose and red coloring. I scream, "Nooooooooo!" But it was too late. Yes, there it was in the tub with my adorable (oh-so-proud-of-herself) baby girl...poop. Mind you, in my 3 1/2 years of motherhood this has NEVER happened to me. This was a true holy-crap (no pun intended)-what-do-I-do kind of moment! So I grab the baby, who proceeds to scream at the top of her lungs because of course she's perfectly happy playing in poo-water, get her cleaned up and dressed. I then go back into the bathroom with a plastic cup in one hand and bleach in the other to begin the removal and clean-up process. After disinfecting everything in sight, I was finally able to resume my morning routine and get J.K. up and ready.

We get out the door to head to the car when J.K. finds a rolly-polly, picks it up and then drops it. He thus begins a crying fit because he's lost his new-found pal. I ask him to search for him while I buckle Chel into her seat, then I smell it...you know the smell. I pull back the diaper and not only do I see it, but oh yes...it's all over my hand!!! I mean seriously? How can this much poo happen to one person in less than 45 minutes?? So I get the baby into a football hold to carry her in the house and clean her up...again! Meanwhile, J.K. refuses to come inside because he can't find the dang rolly-polly. I finally lose it and scream, "It's just a BUG and I have POO on my HAND! Now get in the house!" I think I scarred him for life at that moment, but we'll deal with that another day. I finally get Chel cleaned up, both kids in the car and after an unbelievable poo-filled morning we were finally on our merry way to school and work.

And no, we never found the poor bug.

3 comments:

Merry Margaret said...

That was the funniest Poo story ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your lovely story ...:)

Merry Margaret

Angie Mizzell said...

Poor Chel -- you probably pulled her out of the tub before she finished the job. :) Just kidding. Like you, it only happened to me once. Knock on wood. So glad you're back.

Rachel said...

Oh, I feel your pain. I had my first poo-in-the-bathtub moment a couple months ago. It wasn't pretty. Why is it that with poo, when it rains it pours?