Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Christmas Wish

We talk openly and honestly about Olivia with Jeffrey. He knows he has a big sister in Heaven. He's seen her pictures and he understands as best he can at the age of 3. I'm always able to talk to him in a calm voice and keep my composure when talking about her with him, but he said something yesterday that nearly brought me to my knees. I don't want to forget this conversation, which is why I'm choosing to share it here..

"Mommy, can Santa fly way up into Heaven and bring Olivia down to me so that she can sit in my lap like Chelsea does?"

"I'm sorry sweetie, but even Santa can't do that. Anytime you want to hold Chelsea you just let me know and you can tell her all about your big sister. Okay?"

"Okay Mommy. I love you."

I love that boy.

11 comments:

angie mizzell said...

No words. Just another example of how children are Angels.

Mama4Real said...

They're so intuitive aren't they? What a sweet little man.

Jill said...

We've had so many of those types of comments and questions from Caleb. The worst is when Caleb spends more time in the corner talking to Joshua's picture than he does playing. He tells Joshua all about his video games, about santa, about hannah, our family, his toys. He is so sweet and caring when he talks to him. He doesnt' leave the smallest detail out. I've thought about putting a tape recorder behind the picture so we can record some of the sweet things Caleb says to him.

It's a loss that no child should ever have to understand.

Peace and Blessings to you my friend.

Lianne said...

That is so touching. What a precious memory!

The Porn Widow said...

I blog hopped over here, I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to say that this story is sooo touching. What a wonderful sweetness! God bless!

hello gorgeous said...

hey gorgeous!!!! was only thinking of you on Monday....about not having "seen" you around for a while and praying all was OK....and here you are! yay! :o)

I SO understand the need to "hide" and ONLY when you feel the time is right will it BE right....in the meantime ENJOY your family as much as you can, they grow all too quickly....proven by the fact Chelsea is 6 months...SIX MONTHS!!! Wow! She is amazing {as is JK!} she looks SO MUCH like your partner....

Christmas is almost here, such a magical time...especially with young kids ~ so want to take the opportunity to wish you LOTS of merriment and a fabulously positive 2011 :o)

LOTS of hugs to all five of you

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

SouthernDogwoods said...

I can tell Jeffrey has your big heart. I was not planning on crying this morning but I can not think of a sweeter story to make me cry. I love this post!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That gave me chills! What a sweet boy!

Leslie Hunt said...

I am soooo glad you are back to your blog!!! Lu, you are such an amazing woman, an amazing mom, and an amazing friend and I can't imagine life without you. Although we don't see each other often enough (since you left me at PPM), it seems that we always pick up right where we left off.

God has truly done many miracles in your life and Olivia, J.K. and Chelsea are just a few of them.

I thank God often that I can call you my friend! You are truly a blessing to me.

Les

Rachel said...

That is SO precious!!!

Becca said...

Oh my gracious! I just started tearing up to that! What a sweet, precious boy he is!