Monday, December 6, 2010

I Can Do This..

I can do this. I can post to my blog, which has been abandoned for quite some time now. I'd like to say that it's because I'm too busy. Yes, I'm busy, but deep in my heart, I know that's not it. This is the place where reality most often hits me and lately I just haven't wanted to face that reality. Why? I have no idea, but you see some days are better than others and some days still hurt like you can never imagine. I don't want Chelsea to be known as the baby who was born on the day her sister went to Heaven, but at the same time I know this was a gift. I don't want anyone to ever forget Olivia, but I don't want Jeffrey and Chelsea to be overshadowed by our story. These are the thoughts that are going through my mind. They probably make no sense to most of you, and in all honesty they don't always make sense to me, but this is the real reason I've been away for so long. The reality of my two daughters sharing a birthday and angel day is just a bit overwhelming.

My goal today, is to post here once again. To let you guys know that I'm still here, I've just been hiding I guess. We've been living our life and it's been wonderful. Jeffrey had a great 3rd birthday and Chelsea is already 6 months old! Where does the time go?? Since I was here last we've had a birthday party, pumpkin patch fun, a visit to the farm, Christmas decorating and Chelsea's baptism.

I've also recently accepted the role of coordinator for Footprints Ministry's Birmingham Chapter. I knew that our experience with Chelsea's birth would lead me to do more with Footprints, but I never imagined that it would bring me to leading the group. However, I couldn't be happier about it. We have an amazing group of volunteers and we've been able to share God's love in some unbelievable ways in only a few short months. We're really looking forward to a Santa visit and family dinner this Sunday.

So between work, family and Footprints, my life has been busy, but it shouldn't be too busy for the one place that has been mine and has provided solace in days past. I've missed my blog and I hope and pray that I can let go and just write.

Here are a few pictures from our little family:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Angie Mizzell said...

Beautiful post. I have not walked in you shoes, so I can only try to imagine. This blog can evolve and change, as your life has. I loved the photos. ps- Good game. :)

Jessica said...

I totally get it AU friend. I remember after our newest addition was born, how I felt like life was perfect and good and if I got on my computer or blogged or read others that my little "perfect world" frame of mind would disappear. I think its okay to sign off for a while and live and enjoy those sweet moments that go by so fast.
War Eagle!