UPDATE - Baby Brooks is out of surgery and the doctors said that it went well. Please keep the prayers going. The next 12-24 hours will be critical for the little guy. You can read updates on their blog.
Original Post:
Hi friends. I've just gotten word of a family who really needs prayer at this very moment. I "met" Lauren Hess through college friends and our blogs. We've shared a common bond in that we've both lost babies due to premature birth. We've never met in person, but this little family means so much to me. They have two amazing little boys, Carson, 2, and Brooks, almost 4 months. Carson had a twin, Cooper, who passed away. Carson has dealt with his share of developmental delays due to his premature birth, but is an amazing little guy. Brooks was born full-term and has been a seemingly healthy baby since. He began to have problems eating a few days ago. They took him to the hospital yesterday and the doctors found that he has an enlarged heart due to an artery being connected to the wrong spot. As I type, Brooks is undergoing open heart surgery. PLEASE say a special prayer for Brooks, his family and especially the doctors as they fix his tiny heart.
You can keep up with the Hess family and Brooks' condition at www.andrewandlaurenhess.blogspot.com there's also a link to The Hess Family on my sidebar.
5 comments:
Praying!
Oh gosh! That is such horrible news. I will be praying for the poor little guy and his family.
You have got to be kidding - I haven't checked on them in the past few days. Poor Lauren. Thanks Lurenda for posting.
I know Kelly. I couldn't believe it when I found out this morning. Haven't they been through enough?
I was unaware...but I will pray.
Post a Comment