Monday, July 20, 2009

A Great Getaway to Phoenix

I just want to start this post by saying how much I love my friends! I am truly blessed to have some of the best friends a girl could ask for. I just returned from a fantastic long weekend in Phoenix for the wedding of my old college friend Matt. My BFF & college roommate, Tiff, and I flew out to Phoenix on Thursday. We were met at the airport by "our boys" Spud and Matt. This was later followed by an hour of literally driving in circles around the airport as we waited to pick up our other "boy" Luis. Later that evening we were joined by Joe & Susan.

You see, this crazy group of "adults" were the best of friends while in school at Auburn. We all now live in various cities across the country, from Birmingham to Seattle to be exact. However, when we're together it as though no time has passed. These friends have been there for me during my best of times and my worst of times. They've kept me laughing when laughter seemed impossible and they have shirts that are stained by my tears. They are true friends, which can be very hard to come by these days!

While together we reminisced on all of the hilarious college stories and played catch up on the years that have gone by since we've been together. But most importantly, we were there to see our friend Matt, a.k.a., "Schaaby", get married. We are all so incredibly happy for him and his beautiful bride Miranda. They are both blessed to have each other.

Now, I can't end this post without stating how incredibly hot it is in Phoenix. I've always heard that it was a "dry heat". That's just crap! 115 degrees in pure insanity! Of course there was a cold front coming through Birmingham while I was away. I never knew that I would be so happy to be back in Alabama!

Oh, and for those of you who are wondering, yes I did leave Ben and Jeffrey at home..alone! Ben wanted me to go out there and have fun with old friends and offered to stay home with Jeffrey. He's such an awesome hubby and Daddy. They had a great time down on the family farm while I was away. I'm waiting to get pictures from Uncle George (hint, hint George, I know you're reading this). As soon as I get them I'll post a few to the blog.

Tiff and me at the rehearsal dinner.


There was potential for this to be a good group shot, but Joe ruined it. :)


It's fun to stay at the..YMCA!!


Finally, a decent shot of us and our Auburn boys!


WAR EAGLE!!

1 comment:

Knocked Up in Bama said...

I'm still trying to figure out why there were cookies in the bathroom.... :)