Sunday, January 11, 2009

Making Bags & Playing with the Dogs

Oh my dear blog how I miss you! How I long for the days when I could take the time to post about my random happenings. Unfortunately the job has gotten in the way. That's what happens when cutbacks are made and you're one of the few last women standing. I would love to say that I want to come home and write a post, but honestly I'm exhausted and the last thing I want to see is the ever so familiar gleam of light shining from my computer screen. All I really want to do is curl up on my couch with a glass of wine, chill with the hubby and play with J.K. Here's hoping that life will simmer down soon and I can get back into some sort of normal routine, but for now I'll just have to blog when I have a moment and the desire.

This evening I have that desire. I had such a wonderful weekend. It all began with a date night with the hubby and my parents kept J.K. Friday night. I slept past 7 a.m. for the first time in a long time! I woke up Saturday morning with so much excitement because I was heading out to volunteer with Footprints Ministry and make bags for the families at St. Vincent's NICU! It was one of those moments when I knew I was doing exactly what God has called me to do, and there really is no better feeling. This was the first time for the Birmingham group to make bags on our own and we had great participation. My prayer is that these families who receive the bags will find God's peace and comfort through these small gifts. I also hope that it makes their day a little brighter to know that they aren't alone. If you'd like to read more about Footprints Ministry you can click on the link in my sidebar. A big thank you goes to Nicole Collier for being such an amazing Christian woman who has taken on the role of leading the Birmingham group. She has devoted much of her time and energy to making this ministry a success here locally and we are grateful to her for it. We also wouldn't be able to do this if it weren't for Kim in Montgomery following God's call for her to start Footprints Ministry. We are all so blessed because of her efforts. Below is a picture of all of the volunteers and the bags.




In other news, our weekend has been full of playtime with J.K. His new favorite activities include all things Sadie & Lilly (the dogs). He loves to pet them, play fetch with them, sit on them and even lock himself in Lilly's kennel. We are so blessed to have two wonderful dogs who put up with all of J.K.'s craziness. Sadie lets him pull her fur and Lilly lies there while he rolls all over her. Below is a picture of him and Sadie hanging out in the kitchen floor.

How many dogs will just let a toddler sit on them? You can barely see Lilly sitting patiently behind the two of them. I love all of my kids!


6 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I have been praying for you and that ministry, so...thank you for updating. Also, J is so cute. I love the picture with him sitting on the dogs back. What an awesome doggy too. Aren't date nights fun? I love it when we get to drop the kids off and go out together. Glad to hear from you! Have a great week.

Knocked Up in Bama said...

Time to take a shower, J.K., CRATE! Good boy! Hee hee...

:)

Jennifer said...

Hmmm...I'm wondering about getting a crate for Tristan...what size would you suggest? ;-)

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

I love the Footprints ministry you are doing. I am going to go read the website for it. I would love to do something like this. This would be such a cool thing to do.

And a nice glass of wine sounds good right about now. :-)

SouthernDogwoods said...

Be sure to check out my blog tomorrow (Monday). Got a little something special for you!!!!

Gledwood said...

that's a really entertaining photo!

i'm an Honest Scrap recipient too... found you by tracing back nosily to see who had given who (and so on times probably 1000000) the award. Something tells me I'm never going to trace it back to its origin. Like the sauce of the Nile, you just never can pinpoint it....

This is a v entertaining blog you got here, take it easy!!

;->...

from
Gledwood
"vol 2"...