Monday, March 22, 2010

Here's What's Happenin'

I have been a BAD blogger over the past couple of weeks! You would seriously think I'd have more time for blogging being on bed rest and all, but I haven't stopped working..from the couch that is. So since I checked in last the following events have occurred:

The pregnancy pillow did survive and is now back in bed with me each night! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who's attached to her gigantic pregger pillow! Speaking of pregger pillows, have any of you seen the ad for the boob pillow? No really, there's an ad in one of pregnancy magazine for a pillow that rests between your boobs at night. Anybody have one?? I'm not sure what I think.

I spent last Monday in the hospital, BUT I'M FINE! I had a few cramps Monday afternoon and I fully expected the nurse to tell me to drink some water and lie down for awhile, but no. They suggested I go straight to labor & delivery. Everything checked out okay while there, but I did have one too many contractions resulting in a dose of brethene, which worked nicely in stopping the contractions and making me feel as though I was running a marathon. I was discharged early the next morning with orders to stick to bed rest and take the brethene as needed.

I'm officially 27 weeks! 28 weeks is our next big milestone and we're only a few days away! Lots of praise for this big step! Oh and speaking of 27 weeks, here's that belly pic I promised (please disregard my haggard look, I only get dressed up or wear make up on doctor's appointment days):

Photobucket

J.K. got to spend some much needed playtime with his buddy Jackson. Here are a few pics:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll go back to the doctor this Wednesday and I promise to do my best to take time for a blog update. :)

6 comments:

Lianne said...

Yay! I'm glad to hear that good things are still happening! I'll keep praying--you keep resting!

Rachel said...

That's awesome that everything is still good! Aren't those boring extra days at L&D just awesomely dull? I had one of those from a car wreck I was in when I was pregnant with Ali...and of course everything was fine, but they can't take chances.

You look adorable!

Meredith, mom of 2 under 2 said...

YOU LOOK GREAT, LURENDA!!!! CUUUUTE BELLY PIC!

Becca said...

YAY for a belly shot! You look great. I am the same way, I NEVER get dressed or put makeup on unless we are going out. The hubs is lucky if I brush my teeth (KIDDING)!!

I am glad you didn't go into labor girl! Hope you get plenty of rest and make it much, much further than 28 weeks!

Oh and I vote weird on the boob pillow!

hello gorgeous said...

hey gorgeous! I am SO excited for you......soon to be 28 weeks, wow! Now if only she can hold on a few more weeks....you will need to have some serious chatting sessions with her! ;o)

You look fabulous in your profile pic...we all think we look haggard without makeup but it's really not true, I haven't worn it for the last three years since becoming unwell and constantly pull an "OMG, I look awful/tired/ill face whenever I see myself in a mirror! :oO

Keep taking it easy lovely, have a fab day today..... ;o)

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

He & Me + 3 said...

So glad that all is ok and I will be waiting for your update on your visit tomorrow. Saying a prayer that all goes well.
Love the pregnant belly. Your belly is perfectly round & still so tiny. Love it!