Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Every Pregnancy is Different

Our visit went well this morning. They say every pregnancy is different and that has definitely been the case for me, especially with this one. We lost Olivia due a condition called incompetent cervix. While I was pregnant with J.K. my cervical length was always short and we're pretty sure that the cerclage was the only thing that kept me pregnant.

This time around I have a perfectly normal cervical length (4 cm) and show no signs of incompetent cervix. However, now we have that pesky placental bleed to deal with. The bleed is still there and as of 2 weeks ago it decided to split into two different segments. Apparently this is a sign of healing. The bleeds were still there today without much change. My doctor doesn't seemed too worried so I'm not stressing. Baby Chelsea is growing right on track and that's what matters most. So I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and enjoy this sweet baby who loves to dance in my belly, she's definitely her Mommy's daughter! :)

8 comments:

Jill said...

You are so right...every pregnancy is sooo different! I had no problems but swelling with my son. Then, with my daughter I carried her so differently, and I never felt "good." This one, well, the SCH and now the heart thing....it's crazy!

I'm glad your appointment went well. I love that you are not going to worry about it. I finally reached a point with the SCH that I stopped worrying, but now I have to reach that point with this heart thing. Keep us updated on how things are going!

Becca said...

You are not kidding with every pregnancy being different. It just leads to every baby being different and so on!

I am so happy for you!

Lori Beth said...

Glad all seems to be going well and the dr. is not worried about the bleeds. I didn't realize y'all had chosen a name yet!! You are waaay ahead of me LOL. Kelsey sometimes gets confused for Chelsea..hopefully you won't get it the other way around. The one thing I don't like about my name is that I am always called Laura, Lauren, etc...I had hoped it wouldn't happen to K, but oh well!!

hello gorgeous said...

:oD xxxxx

He & Me + 3 said...

So true about each being different. I experienced so many different things with all three. So glad she is doing so well. Keep taking care of you both.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

THey are different, but each has it's own joys, right? I am glad she is dancin' away!!

Angie Mizzell said...

I was so laid back in my first pregnancy... everything about it was easy. Then at 37 weeks I had be induced because of sudden high blood pressure, and my son had some minor issues that resulted in a couple of surgeries during his first two years. My second pregnancy was so uncomfortable... we had some scary ultrasound results that left us concerned about our baby's health... I spent the night in the hospital to stop early labor and was put on bed rest. Then... we ended up inducing to get him out! And so far, he appears to be perfectly healthy. The stark contrasts can be unsettling, and it makes me wonder if I have it in me to do it again. At this point, I don't know.

You're a testament to what mothers are willing to do to bring children into this world.

Meredith, mom of 2 under 2 said...

Dancing in my belly...I love it.