I was thinking that I didn't have much to post about. Between work and mommyhood life has been hectic. Then I thought about all of the things that seem so small, but mean so much to me as J.K.'s Mommy. I think that all of the Moms out there can relate to these sweet moments that just make me smile. I often find myself overlooking the little things, then remind myself of how quickly time passes and do all I can to relish the moment.
So, you know you're a toddler parent if...
You spend 20 minutes looking for shoes because he was playing with them the night before. I found one under the couch and one in the bathroom.
You have to force yourself not to laugh when your child throws his carrots on the floor for the dogs to eat, thinking you're not watching. The sad thing? The dogs wouldn't even eat the carrots.
Only you can have a complete conversation with your child, while the rest of the world has no clue what he just said.
You know who Mouse, Manny and Monkey (or other character nicknames) are.
You either hate or love Yo Gabba Gabba. Personally, I think it's awesome, but the hubby thinks they're on crack.
You think that their scribbled artwork are masterpieces that should cover the refrigerator.
You no longer have the gag reflex that you once had. Puke just doesn't seem to bother you these days.
Even though you're not in the bath tub, you're usually soaked after bath time.
You are Supermom, even though you don't always feel like it!
Your heart melts when your sweet toddler gives you a kiss, wants a hug or just wants to cuddle.
You love nothing more than watching that sweet baby sleep peacefully.
You thank God everyday for this amazing gift and you never knew your heart could love someone so much.
7 comments:
Very quickly to be followed by:
You know you're an adolescent parent if....
You either love or hate Spongebob.
You favorite sound in the morning is the school bus driving away.
You nailed it for sure. Love the yo gabba gabba comment. Funny.
I am with hubby on Yo Gabba Gabba - UGH! I can feel a migraine coming on when I hear the intro song! You are so very right - great list!!!!
These are all so true...I love Yo Gabba Gabba too!
i agree with all except i don't know who yo gabba gabba is, maybe i should check it out. it would be great if katie would sit still long enough to watch anything!!
That brings back such fond memories for me. Enjoy this time, because they grow up super fast.
I know about everything you are talking about. Its crazy to think that we were once crazy college sorority sisters going to a band party at the Sigma Chi house!
Post a Comment