So last night was horrible thanks to the lovely toddler teething process. I never understood just how bad it could be until last night. We went through the early teething phase with flying colors. I was really wondering why other Moms made such a huge deal about it. Until last night. After a swim at the pool we went home, J.K. ate like a champ and was out by 8 p.m. He was sleeping like a log until 11 p.m., the exact time that I was about to lay my sleepy head on the pillow calling my name. I hear the whimper, then the cry, then the whaling. I tell myself to wait it out, but it's not working. I get up, rock him back to sleep, lie him in bed, and WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!! So we head back to the big bed, which normally solves the problem. NOT THIS TIME. The child literally whimpered and cried all night long. I felt horrible. I tried alternating Advil and Tylenol with no luck. Unfortunately we didn't have baby orajel. So I spent the night and early morning trying to console a very pissed off fussy toddler.
Here's where it gets comical, at 4:00 a.m. hubby wakes from his slumber to spend his off day fishing. On a normal day I would have no problem with a fishing trip. However, THIS was no ordinary day/night/morning, whatever it is. In my grogginess I agree that he should go and that I'll get J.K. to daycare and myself to work. Well, the screaming just kept on and on and on until the child finally exhausted himself somewhere around 5 a.m. We both slept for about an hour and he was up again by 6. Needless to say, there was no way I was making it to work on time. I call hubby and tell him I need to go to work, but I'm not about to leave this demon child fussy toddler with the innocent teachers. So he decides to cut the trip short and head home...FOUR hours later! During which I had no nap because apparently sleepless nights provide pure adrenaline for 19-month-old boys. So hubby walks in around lunch time to find a zombie mom with a sleeping toddler.
Zombie mom gets up, showers, gets dressed and heads to work. Leaving both of her boys to sleep the day away. After being at work for an hour or so I get a call from my sweet co-worker asking to see me. When I get to the front of the building I see a beautiful bouquet of flowers awaiting me. The card says "To the world's greatest mom and wife." They're very pretty and I wish I could be excited, but I just keep thinking how I'd rather be sleeping. So I am the recipient of "I'm sorry I Suck" flowers today. I guess it's better than no flowers at all, but I'd still rather be sleeping.
8 comments:
That is so sweet...but I can so relate to being tired.
I feel ya girl! That is sweet about the flowers...but sleep is soooooo much better! :)
Aww I least he tried to make it better.
I have 2 words for you...
TEETHING TABLETS.
They were lifesavers when my boys were going through the teething phase.
Teething is the pits! Ben is so sweeet. Can I clone him? LOL. Girl, you better stock up on the orajel and teething rings!!
Aww! That was sweet but sleep would be better, I agree. Have you tried a really cold (not frozen) teething ring. Abby & Emma were terrible when they were getting new teeth but anything cold definitely helped! Hope it gets better soon!
Does JK like bananas?? If so, freeze one and let him teethe on that. It will get messy, but it will soothe him!!
This post had me slapping my desk! So funny, but sad. Bless your heart and his. Thanks for making me laugh today....no matter how tuff the day, you make it sound hilarious!
Wow. I feel your pain. There is NOTHING worse than a crying baby. . . unless it's at night. Misery!!
Sweet hubby to realize that you could use a bit of cheering up!!
Post a Comment