Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thank God for the Weekend!

What a crazy, messed up week this has been!! It all started on Monday morning when two of co-workers/closest friends were laid off. We all had a feeling something was coming, but we just didn't know who it would be. You see, I work for the local Home Builders Association, so the idea that our membership numbers have dropped and our budget is skinnier than Lindsey Lohan at her finest comes at no surprise. However, it still sucks. The sinking economy has hit too close to home this time. I'm grateful that I still have my job, but my heart aches for my friends.

I'm so glad it's finally Saturday and I can spend the day with my boy. I'm going to forget about all of the craziness at the office and remember what is most important. God, family and friends. You have no idea how many times I've had to remind myself of this simple fact this week.

J.K. and I are getting ready to go have breakfast with the big guy in the red suit! I don't think I've had breakfast with Santa since I was 6 years old, so this should be fun. Then were off to visit with him again at the Bass Pro Shop. Yes, we're from the South, but it wasn't my idea. I wanted to go to the mall, but I've been overruled. Besides, the kid has already visited with Santa at the BPS, because his Daddy took him WITHOUT ME!! Luckily he's too young to realize that we're doing this again for Mommy's benefit. I'll post pictures later on.

Here's to a good weekend and a better week on Monday!

4 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I hear ya. I am so glad that this week is finally coming to a close. It has been crazy. Have fun with Santa & definitely post those cute pictures.

Temple said...

I fully expect a picture with J.K. sitting atop Santa's knee with one of both of them wearing lots of camo and holding a fishing rod or camping bag :) BPS Xmas!!!

Margie said...

hey lu! Next year, y'all need to go to the Polar Express in Calera. Coop loved it!

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

I'm sorry your friends got laid off. I know that stinks. It happened to my mom. She had been working there for about 6 yrs.

Hope yall had fun eating with Santa. Have a good rest of the week.

Thanks for all your support while I was in surgery for the birth of our daughter.