Thursday, November 17, 2011

Training

This Sunday is a huge milestone for me. I've been preparing for four months to run my first half-marathon. 13.1 miles. Five months ago I could barely walk one mile!

Training for a run of this level brings a new realization about what you're actually capable of handling. Taking the risk of running 13.1 miles and making it happen has allowed me to realize I can succeed at anything I put my mind to. No matter how impossible it may seem.

Writing is my passion. I've missed writing this year and I never imagined training for a half-marathon would lead me back to it. This experience has made me want to focus on writing, wherever it may lead me.

I look forward to sharing my next post about the excitement of finishing the race and finally putting that 13.1 magnet on the back of my car.

1 comment:

Angie Mizzell said...

Woo hoo! Imagine me on the sidelines, shaking my pom poms for you!