Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Next Michael Phelps (without the bad habits)

So I'm convinced that my child's future involves several olympic gold medals! That's because he swam by himself yesterday!! After we had completed all of our little exercises during aqua babies class the instructor pulled me to the side and said that J.K. was ready to give swimming a try. I was a bit hesitant, but went for it and he took off like a little fish! He's such a natural and I'm so proud! It obviously makes me feel better considering the amount of time we spend around water. I wish I had a picture or video, but we were at the lessons by ourselves. So I don't have evidence, but trust me, this kid is the next Michael Phelps, minus that whole pot thing (hopefully)!! :)

8 comments:

Kate said...

Without the whole, "hitting the bong" thing...right?

SouthernDogwoods said...

Yay! I am so ready for my girls to start swimming lessons next week!

Avery Tales said...

Yes, minus the whole bong thing! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

That is impressive. It is so much fun to see our kids learn new things and succeed & be good at the things they are trying. That is awesome!

Margie said...

GO JK!! I am going to look into getting Cooper in swim lessons soon. I guess I am behind on that. But considering he will be around water this summer, I would have a little peace of mind knowing he can swim.

debi9kids said...

HOLY cow! That is amazing! Babies never cease to amaze me every day!

ps Wanted to thank you for promoting the Tuesday Blog Party. It means so much to me and I am certain it means the world to the Whitt family.

Shelby's Mom said...

WOW...that's GREAT!

Jennifer said...

You're no fun....no pot??? Geez, MOM!! Just Kidding although I have to say that this just reiterates my initial rant the other day about "getting old"