Hi Everyone,
As you may or may not know I am participating in the March of Dimes’ March for Babies this coming Saturday. We are only 3 days away from the big event and it’s not too late to show your support for this wonderful organization. We all have busy lives and I know it’s hard to remember to do these things so I urge you to visit this link www.marchforbabies.org/ldavery and make your donation while it’s fresh on your mind. Any amount helps and is greatly appreciated!
As many of you are aware, on May 29, 2006 our daughter, Olivia Nichole, was born 17 weeks too early (40 weeks is a full-term pregnancy). She weighed only 1 lb. 8 oz. and was 12” long. Our sweet angel was with us for seven amazing days and because of her our lives have been forever changed. I’m so grateful to the March of Dimes for their extensive research and support for babies born prematurely and for moms at risk of delivering early. They helped us through the short life that Olivia lived and they were there for us when I was pregnant with her baby brother, Jeffrey. Thanks to their research we knew what measures needed to be taken in order for me to deliver a healthy baby. Nearly 13 percent of babies born today are premature. That means one out of 20 families will be affected by a premature birth. So many of these families are just like mine, we did everything right and still our dreams and hopes were shattered. For obvious reasons, I am a big supporter of the March of Dimes and I am asking for your support as well. Please help me help these babies. My prayer is that with each step we will see a day when all babies are born healthy.
Thank you for your support,
Lurenda Avery
No comments:
Post a Comment